Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Oreo Cookie Brownies !

If you haven't seen this recipe, you're in for a treat.
I originally posted this recipe in February 2013. Today is November 29th 2014. I just discovered the name of this dessert and the name of it's creator. The idea came from Amanda Green Bottom from Kevin and Amanda's Recipes. She called them" Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n' Oreo Fudge Brownie Bars." I challenged her in an email because I saw where someone else claims to have created them. I believe that as a food blogger we need to give credit for all original recipes. I post if my recipe is original, which means that I created it. I wanted to make the correction here and give credit to Amanda.

Oreo Cookie Brownies:

350 degree oven
Bake these for 47 minutes, not 46 or 48!
9"X 9" aluminum baking pan, or whatever you have that's 9"X 9"


Some Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, you're choice, we use the stuff in a bucket
A good Fudge Brownie Mix, mixed according to package directions, we use Ghirardelli
16 Oreo Cookies, double stuffed, if you can get them. ( we've used the Red filled for Christmas and Orange filled for Halloween, Mint is great too!

Press the Dough about 1/2" thick in the bottom of the pan
Top the Cookie Dough with the Oreo's  4 X 4  (16 Cookies)
Pour the Brownie batter over the cookies and spread evenly

Bake for 47 minutes at 350 degrees
Remove and cool completely on a rack ( make sure to cool completely, it will make the brownies easier to cut. We cut them in the middle of the cookie so the center is visible. You can also cut them so 1 cookie is a single serving.

You can see a picture of them under the post, Christmas is Sharing, search it!

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment