Sunday, February 24, 2013

Texas Cranberry Sauce

I love Cranberries and I have many recipes for Cranberry Sauce. I always think there's a better version, so I keep looking.
Eventually, I created this one as an original Texas Version.

I know that it's typically served in the U.S. during the Thanksgiving or Christmas Holidays, but I decided to post it today.

I believe that Texas has it's own special take on most recipes and I'm convinced that I can turn any recipe into a Texas or Tex-Mex version.

This one happens to be my current favorite Cranberry Sauce recipe!
Make it at least a week before serving, it just gets better!
Put it in a canning jar and refrigerate until needed.

I created it in 2003 and I should post a photograph of the page in my hand written book where I created it. It's a mess!
It's somewhat difficult to make sense of the recipe so I'm glad I have the opportunity to publish it in a form that I can read clearly!
I hope I get it right.

Terry's Original Texas Cranberry Sauce:

1 pound (about 4 C) of Fresh Cranberries. I suppose you can just thaw some frozen ones if that's all
you can get.
1 1/2 C Sugar
1 Jalapeno, finely diced ( seeded ) If you want a kick of heat then keep the seeds!
1 C Water
2 TBS Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
1 Whole Lime, finely chopped, including the peel
3/4 C Crushed Pineapple, drained
1/2 C chopped Pecans ( you know I believe that Pecans will make any recipe Texan)!
2 Green Onions, (the entire onion) chopped

Wash the Cranberries and set them aside
Bring Sugar and Water to a boil
Add the Cranberries and Lime
Simmer, stirring often until the berries pop
Add the PIneapple
Cool this mixture
When completely cooled ( you can refrigerate it)
Fold in the Cilantro, Onion, Jalapeno and Pecans.
Chill again before serving

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!
This is how I work..... nothing fancy about it

No comments:

Post a Comment