Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sweet Bread / 1978

I've had this recipe since 1978.
It come from either Mississippi or Alabama.
It was given to me by a woman named Jacqui McGuggins.
Thank you Jacqui for allowing me to be the keeper of this recipe for all these years and now sharing it on a Food Blog!

4 C sifted Flour
1 Stick Butter
1tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
2 C Sugar
1 Egg
3tsp Vanilla
1 package of Coconut Flakes
1 C of Raisins in water, just enough to cover them. Reserve the water

Mix all of the ingredients together. This should resemble a dough
Spoon the dough into a loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes.
The top should be golden brown

As I read this recipe I have no idea how much a package of Coconut would have been in 1978 and I guessed at the amount of Raisins.
I'll have to make this soon and post some details and a picture.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment