Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Another Texas Bean - Cheese - Chiles and Stuff Dip!

I had no idea what to call this dip.
I've already posted my Best of the Best recipes for Tex-Mex Corn Dip in three different versions.

I just entered this recipe in a Chile Pepper Contest and I had to come up with a legitimate name.
I decided to call it Tex - Mex Chipotle Pepper Dip.
This note is an update to the original post!

When you live in Texas, you soon discover that everyone has their favorite version of a "Dip".

I started out borrowing a recipe from someone else and when I finished, I realized that it didn't have much in common with the original one. This is vegetarian, the other wasn't. This has Cheddar Cheese, the other one didn't. This has Green Onions, the other one didn't....... and the list goes on.

So here's my newest Texas Dip to be served with Tortilla Chips!
Or as I've said about the Tex-Mex Corn Dips that I make, you can just take a spoon and start eating it out of the bowl....... it's so good!

This is a Texas Big Recipe, enough for a party.You could easily cut this in half.
I attended an event last week and I took this dip. It was very popular. It's quite spicy, but everyone loved it.

Another Texas Bean - Cheese - Chiles and Stuff Dip!

1 (10oz.) can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes with Green Chiles, undrained
1 C Mayonnaise
1/4 C  Chipotle Peppers packed in Adobo Sauce ( Goya or La Costena) or whatever you have!
I used La Costena. The heat or kick comes from these Chiles. I used about 4. If you're not used to the spice, start with 1 or 2 and then adjust to your taste. Remember, We're in Texas, we like a KICK!

2 (8oz.) packages of Cream Cheese, cut into small pieces
1 (15oz.) can of Refried Beans (Rosarita or El Paso Vegetarian)
1 (15oz.) can of Corn, drained
4 Green Onions, chopped, I just use the bundle from the market..... I think it has 6
8 oz.  package of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese

In a food processor, combine the Chipotle Pepper and the Mayonnaise, process well and set aside ( this is where the heat comes from) Check it for taste. You can always add more, but you can't take it away.

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the Tomatoes and  Cream Cheese and cook until the Cream Cheese is completely melted
Add the Mayonnaise mixture and combine well

Remove from heat, transfer to a large mixing bowl
Stir in:
Beans
Corn
Cheese
Pour this into a casserole dish , I think mine was about 3 quarts. I know that a 1.6 ltr. is too small
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes

Serve with Tortilla Chips

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment