Sunday, February 24, 2013

Rhubarb Mousse

It's time for another one of my recipes from the Best of the Best book that I've collected since 1975.

I grew up in Michigan and Rhubarb was plentiful, unlike now ,where I live in Texas.

We visited family in Kansas one summer and Rhubarb grows well in Kansas.
I bought a plant while we were there and told the nursery I would bring them a Rhubarb Pie after I harvested my Rhubarb.
Well, that never hapened. We really can't grow it here.

I have to rely on keeping frozen Rhubarb available at all times, since I remember all of my Grandmother's Rhubarb creations, Rhubarb Sauce, Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, Rhubarb Crisp, Rhubarb Crunch, Cream of Rhubarb Pie and this........ Rhubarb Mousse!

2 C sliced Rhubarb
1/2 C Water
1/2 C Sugar
1 (3 oz.) box of Strawberry Jello
1/2 C Cold Water
1 C Whipped Cream or Cool Whip

Mix the first 3 ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to a boil and cook for about 8 minutes
Add the Jello, stirring until completely dissolved
Remove from heat add the Cold Water
Chill until slightly thickened
Whip the mixture
Add the Whipped Topping and Refrigerate

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment