Thursday, February 28, 2013

Tamale Bites

Another Best of the Best Recipe from my book
This is a great Hors d'oeuvre

It's from Christmas 1977

It's an original recipe
I created this before I became vegetarian and made them for Christmas many years.
So, this is one of the few non vegetarian recipes that I've posted. However, over the years with all of the incredible Vegetarian Products on the market, I can reproduce a Vegetarian version of this recipe.
They are delicious.

I've also discovered Vegetarian Meatballs, bake them according to package directions or as directed below. I heat the Tomato Sauce and Enchilada Sauce in a small Crock Pot. I add the Baked Meatballs and keep the temperature on Low to serve them.


Vegetarian Meatless Ground


1 1/2 lbs. Ground Beef
2 C prepared Cornbread Crumbs
1 (8oz.) can Tomato Sauce
1 (16oz.) can Mild Enchilada Sauce
1 tsp Salt
2 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese

In a bowl, combine:
Cornbread crumbs
1/2 of the Enchilada Sauce
Salt
Add Ground Beef and mix by hand

Measure by the TBS and form into meatballs
These may be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to bake

Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 30 minutes

Combine Tomato Sauce and remaining Enchilada Sauce in a saucepan and heat

Place the meatballs in a Fondue Pot ( this sure gives away the date) or a Chafing Dish.
Pour the Sauce over the meatballs
Sprinkle the Cheese on top and serve

Makes about  55 meatballs

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!








No comments:

Post a Comment