Monday, September 2, 2013

Roasted Red Pepper and Eggplant Dip

I've been looking for a good Roasted Red Pepper Dip.
I haven't had much success finding something that impresses me.
I decided to create my own, based on several that I researched.

Here's my recipe for Roasted Red Pepper and Eggplant Dip:

3 medium eggplants, cut in half long ways
4 cloves of garlic, sliced
3 TBS olive oil, divided
1 C Roasted Red Peppers, (you can purchase them in a jar)
1 TBS chopped fresh oregano
2 TBS lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste


Arrange the eggplant, cut side up on a baking sheet pan
Make slits in the eggplant and insert pieces of garlic
Drizzle the eggplant with 2 TBS of olive oil
sprinkle with salt
Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour

Remove the eggplant from the oven , cool completely, scoop out the interior and add to a food processor.
Add:
red pepper
oregano
1 TBS olive oil
lemon juice
salt and pepper

Puree until smooth.

Serve with pita chips, toasted baguette slices...... etc!

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!







No comments:

Post a Comment