Saturday, September 7, 2013

Roasted Chickpea Snack


This is definitely a Hippy in the Kitchen snack!
It's from a blog that I follow ( Food 52) .
I volunteered to so a taste test of the recipe. THey posted a list of many recipes that they wanted readers to prepare and write a critique.
Apparently I wasn't the only one that volunteered to test this recipe so they ended up with too many and I didn't have to do it.
I liked the recipe so much that I wanted to share it.



1- 15 oz. can of chickpeas ( garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
1 TBS olive oil
1 TBS grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp sweet hungarian paprika
1/4 tsp regular paprika
1/8 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
1 TBS fresh lime juice

In a bowl, whisk well:
All ingredients except the beans

Add beans and coat well.

Spread them on a sheet pan, lined with foil, in a single layer.

Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.

Remove from the oven, stir well and continue baking for 10 -15 minutes more.
Check every 5 minutes to prevent burning.

Remove and cool completely on the pan.
Store in a covered container.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment