Monday, September 9, 2013

Roasted Corn / a side dish!

This recipe is adapted from a recipe that I posted earlier. The recipe served this corn as part of a Red Pepper stuffing. I loved the corn so much , on it's own, that I decided to change it up a bit and post it separately as a side dish.
I have many corn recipes and have said that I could write a cookbook about corn.

2 TBS olive oil
1 medium onion, diced ( about 1 1/4 C)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1 TBS butter
6 ears of corn, grilled/roasted
1 tsp fresh lime juice
2 TBS fresh chopped parsley
Fresh ground black pepper

Grill the corn and remove the kernels from the cobs
Heat oil in a skillet on medium- low heat
Add onion, garlic and salt. cook 5 minutes
Increase the heat to medium, saute 5 minutes
Add butter and corn, cook an additional 5 minutes
Season well with fresh ground black pepper

Remove from heat
Stir in lime juice and parsley

Note:
I would add some goat cheese to the mixture, mix well and serve warm.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment