Friday, September 20, 2013

Pumpkin Butter / Thanksgiving 2013

Fall is about the flavors of the season. I love Apple, Pumpkin, Squash and Corn recipes for Fall. I make a lot of  Fall Soups and a lot of Fall desserts.

Here's another great recipe that's been shared and shared.......
This one comes from Citronlimette via The Fountain Avenue Kitchen.

The process I use in determining a recipe that I post goes something like this:
When I see a recipe shared online, I'll research online and in the hundreds of cookbooks that I own, dozens of recipes similar to the one I like. I may adapt it, change it and make it my own, or I may get permission to copy and post it on the blog.
If I find that a recipe has been shared my many with no reference to an origin, I'll simple post it.

I've stated in the past that I never post someone else's photographs. I only post my own. 
After seeing this recipe for Pumpkin Butter and researching dozens of others, I've chosen this one to write about.
Other recipes include clove. Clove is a very strong and fragrant spice that needs to be used in recipes with other strong flavors that can work well with it. I believe it would be too strong and overpowering in Pumpkin Butter. I've seen them with granulated sugar. I happen to like the added flavor of brown sugar in Fall recipes. Many times I use half brown sugar and half white sugar when a recipe calls for only white sugar.

I'll be making this soon and will post photographs.

Pumpkin Butter:

1 can ( 29oz.) pumpkin puree , not Pie Pumpkin ( I used 2 - 15oz. cans)
1 C brown sugar
3/4 C apple juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
juice of 1/2 lemon

In a large saucepan:
Whisk all ingredients well, except for the lemon juice.
Bring to a boil
Reduce to low heat, simmer 30 minutes
Stirring occasionally

Remove from heat
Add lemon juice
Cool completely

Pour into jars, sealed with a lid and refrigerate.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment