Monday, September 9, 2013

Butter Cake

It was time to get back into posting recipes from Aunt Faye. I'll post more of them later in the week
Today I decided to share this one.
There's a bit of history here. The boxed cake mixture was introduced in 1948 in America and the 9"X13" pan was introduced in 1920. I know that my Aunt began making this cake in the mid to late 50's. My mother continued to make it when I was a child.
It's an interesting recipe.

Butter Cake:

1 - (18.25oz.) boxed yellow cake mix
2 sticks of butter, divided ( 1 stick for the cake and 1 for the topping)
4 eggs, divided
2 tsp vanilla, divided
1 - (8oz.) packages of cream cheese, room temperature
4 C confectioner's sugar

Cake:
In a bowl, combine:
cake mix
1 stick of butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
Mix well

Spread in a 9"X13" baking pan greased with my Pan Release Mixture ( on the blog under Tips, Hints and More)

In a bowl, with a hand mixer:
cream cheese
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick of butter, melted
Mix well
Gradually add the confectioner's sugar
Mix well

Spread over the batter
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes

Cool completely
Serve with vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment