Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Monster Cookies

Fall is coming, and so is the Dallas Morning News / Central Market , Holiday Cookie Baking Contest.
I've entered the competition for the past 6 years. I've been a finalist three times. I'm constantly working on cookie recipes for the contest. I don't post or share the recipes until after the contest, whether they get accepted or not.
I currently have 5 recipes in draft status on the blog. I'm looking forward to the event.
I have no idea which ones I'll enter this year, but I'll post them all before Christmas.
Until then, here's a recipe from the Wet Mountain Valley, where we have a place in Colorado. We have many Amish neighbors and we love it when they share their recipes. They've created a cookbook and this is one of the recipes from the book.


Monster Cookies:

Before I post this I have to mention that I find the name odd for an Amish recipe. There are some ingredients that I would not necessarily consider Amish. However, the recipe is from the book. I know that in some towns they have to shop at the grocery stores that are available, so, these products are quite common. When I did some research on these, I found the recipe to be quite common.

I happen to like this cookie!

1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 C white sugar
1 C brown sugar
4 eggs
1 pound of chunky peanut butter
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 pound of M&M's
1 (12oz.) bag of chocolate chips
Powdered Sugar

In a bowl, by hand:
Cream butter and sugars well
Add eggs, one at a time
Add all of the remaining ingredients
Add additional oatmeal if necessary to make a stiff dough

Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour
Use a cookie scoop, the size of a teaspoon
Roll the balls of dough in powdered sugar
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
Do not over bake

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen


No comments:

Post a Comment