Monday, September 23, 2013

Corn Pudding

I love corn. I've talked about this many times on the blog. I can't seem to get enough recipes with corn. I have Corn Pudding , Corn Timbale, Creamed Corn, Texas Creamed Corn, Texas Spoon Bread and Sweet Corn Pudding from Farmhouse Rules.
This is an original recipe. I was making changes as I was putting it together. We had it last night for dinner and it was everything I hoped it would be.

2 TBS butter
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 C corn
1/4 C flour
2 C milk
1/2 C corn meal
1 (4oz.) can of diced green chiles
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 eggs, well beaten
Chimayo Chile Powder (or what ever Chile Powder you have)

In a large skillet:
Heat butter
Add:
onion
garlic
Saute 3 minutes
Add corn, cook 3 minutes
Add flour, stir well
Add milk and simmer stirring constantly
Don't allow to boil

Add corn meal and chiles
Mix well
Remove from heat
Add salt and pepper

Process the mixture in a blender
Pour into a large bowl and allow to cool a bit before adding the eggs.
Whisk in the eggs.

Pour into a deep dish pie pan sprayed with a vegetable cooking spray.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with Chile Powder just before serving.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!







No comments:

Post a Comment