Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Artichoke Ball hors d'oeuvres

 A few years ago we hosted a party for our Cul-de-Sac, one of our neighbors brought these amazing Artichoke Ball hors d'oeuvres. She shared the recipe with me and I wanted to pass it on to my readers.

I don't post full names of individuals that contribute recipes to the blog, but thank you Gretchen for all of the incredible recipes that you have brought to our parties and shared with the neighbors.

We have great neighbors and they're all incredible cooks!
Our parties are graced with tables of tasty treats.

I've previously posted some great recipes that our neighbor Jane has shared. Jane's corn casserole is one of the best I have ever tasted and it's become a staple , served at Thanksgiving at our house.
I'll re-post it here later.
 I have to mention our neighbor Becky that makes her famous Buckeye Candy every Christmas.
They're part of her Ohio heritage and we all look forward to them every Holiday!

Artichoke Ball hors d'oeuvres:

2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 - 8oz. cans of artichoke hearts ( drained and mashed)
1/2 C grated parmesan cheese + additional to coat the balls
2 eggs, beaten
2 TBS olive oil
1/2 C Italian Bread Crumbs

Saute garlic in oil
Add mashed artichokes
Add eggs and mix well
Remove from heat
Add bread crumbs
Add 1/2 C parmesan cheese
Mix well and cool completely

Roll into walnut sized balls and roll in additional parmesan cheese to coat well
Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment