Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pesto


This is how our friends in Provence make Pesto.
It's the only recipe I use.
I recently purchased a large jar of minced garlic. It's very economical. So I've decided to use it instead of whole garlic cloves. The equivilant is 1/2 tsp of minced = 1 clove. In this recipe I use 1 tsp inpace of the 2 cloves.


Homemade Pesto:

2 C loosely packed Basil leaves
2 cloves of Garlic or 1 tsp minced.
1/3 C Pine Nuts
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 C grated Romano or Parmesan Cheese ( hold the salt if using Romano, it's a salty cheese)
Olive Oil

In a Food Processor:
Add Basil and Garlic
Puree until incorporated
Add Cheese and Pine Nuts and process to a thick paste
Gradually drizzle in Olive Oil until desired consistency
Season with Salt and Pepper

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!
Our field of Basil


I left out the picture of Garlic, Salt and Pepper.
This is how I process the Pesto.

This is how I freeze it


Another picture of our crop of Basil

No comments:

Post a Comment