Monday, June 24, 2013

Macaroni and Cheese ( original recipe) 2007

This is just another version of Baked Macaroni and Cheese
I can't seem to have enough recipes for it. I even created this one because I couldn't find one that i really liked. This also has shredded potatoes in it, which are an unusual ingredient for Macaroni and Cheese, but I think you'll find that it's a great addition.
This one is very "cheesy" and delicious! I was never really fond of a bread crumb topping, however I have learned to like them. This recipe was created, because I wanted a version, without a topping.
I created it in 2007 and it continues to be one of my favorites.

Macaroni and Cheese (original recipe, 2007)

Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Butter a large Casserole , Dutch Oven or a 10" Cast Iron Skillet. I like to cook in Cast Iron.

3 C whole Milk
2 8oz. packages of Cream Cheese, cubed
1 pound of Elbow Macaroni
1 pound bag of Frozen Shredded Potatoes
2 pounds of Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded

In a 6 quart stock pot, add salted water a bring to a boil.
Add Macaroni and Potatoes and cook until the Pasta is Al Dente according to the package directions.
Drain

In a large sauce pan over medium heat, bring milk to a boil.
Reduce heat and add the Cream Cheese, stirring until melted.
Gradually stir in the Cheddar Cheese until melted.
Add Pasta and Potatoes
Salt and Pepper to taste

Place mixture in a the Casserole Dish, cover and Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
Remove the cover and broil the top, if desired, to brown it.
It can also be Baked in a covered 10" Cast Iron Skillet.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment