Saturday, June 8, 2013

Baked Eggs



I decided to make Baked Eggs for breakfast this morning.
It would make a great Brunch dish if you're having guests.

It's a simple but delicious dish.
I've seen recipes  that make them with an Alfredo Sauce but I simplified it with a package of McCormack's Original Country Gravy Mix and I add Parmesan Cheese. I also use a combination of Hard Boiled and fresh cracked Eggs. I buy Eggs that are already Hard Boiled and Peeled.


However many you plan to serve will determine the amount of eggs, gravy and cheese. I made it for 2 people. It would definitely serve 3.

3 Hard Boiled Eggs / 3 fresh cracked Eggs
1 Package of Gravy Mix
Fresh Shredded Parmesan Cheese

It's quite simple, but I've put a twist on it. I also add fresh cracked eggs.

Here's how I make them:
You'll need an oven proof baking dish, a small casserole will work. I used a Soufflé dish.

Slice the Hard boiled eggs in half.

Gravy:
1  or more packages of Gravy Mix. Mix 1 packet with 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Heat until the gravy thickens. stirring constantly. ( I used 1 package for this recipe)

Place the Hard Boiled Eggs in the casserole, cut side up.
Pour the Gravy over the Eggs
Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle the top with Fresh Shredded Parmesan Cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes

Remove the dish and crack an equal amount of eggs on top of the cheese. Return to the oven and broil the eggs, just to set them, so the eggs are cooked as you like them. I prefer a soft  cooked yolk.
Watch them carefully as they broil.

Top each egg with additional cheese and serve on toast , a biscuit or english muffin.

I made it today in a small souffle dish with 3 hard boiled eggs and 3 cracked eggs, for 2 people. It could easily serve 3.
I served it on toasted Ciabatta Bread. ( I also show it served in small ramekins if you don't want to serve it on bread.


Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!













No comments:

Post a Comment