Thursday, June 27, 2013

Apple Bake

This is not a pie, it's similar to my Apple Pie without a crust , but it's not the same. I found it in a recipe book from my mother in law's Church. The recipes are not always easy to comprehend and sometimes they need a bit of interpretation. Recipes many years ago, especially the ones written by women that didn't really use measuring cups or spoons are interesting when you see them written. I did my best to figure out this one.

Apple Bake:

preheat the oven to 425 degrees

1/2 C butter melted in a 10" Cast Iron Skillet in the oven
remove when melted

Peel and slice 1 Granny Smith Apple
Place the slices in a small bowl with enough brown sugar to coat them well
Scatter them in the skillet

In another small bowl mix:
1 C heavy cream
4 eggs, beaten
Gradually add 1 C of flour
mix well

Pour the batter over the apples
Bake for 20 minutes

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment