Saturday, March 22, 2014

Honey Pound Cake from Country Living


I like the simplicity of Pound Cake and this recipe sounds good to me.
I did a story on the blog called Pound Cake / history and recipes. 
You can search for it on the Blog, it's interesting.

Honey Pound Cake:

1/4 C honey
1 C (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/3 C sugar
5 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 C flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Confectioner's Sugar for dusting



Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
Grease a Loaf Pan with my Pan Release Mix (equal parts of flour, vegetable oil and flour, I start with a cup of each and keep it in a jar in the refrigerator) I always have it available for all of by baking needs.

In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment:
Butter
Sugar
Honey
Beat until creamy at least 3 minutes
Beat in eggs one at a time
Add vanilla
Add flour, baking powder and salt
Beat until smooth 

Pour batter into the pan
Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean
Cool in the pan on a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes
Invert onto a serving platter
Optional: Dust with Confectioner's Sugar

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment