Sunday, March 2, 2014

Farmhouse Corn Pudding adapted from Nancy Fuller

I love corn pudding. I have so many recipes on the blog for corn pudding. Just when I think I have enough, I find another one. I've adapted this one just a bit .

Butter, softened
1- 9"X 13" casserole dish
Heavily butter the dish.

2 eggs , beaten
1 C shredded white cheddar cheese
1 C whipped cream cheese spread with chives (photo to follow)
1 C heavy cream
1/2 C plain bread crumbs, plus additional to sprinkle on just before baking.
2 TBS of local honey
1 TBS fresh chopped marjoram
2 shallots, diced
4 C corn kernels
4 TBS butter, melted
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a large mixing bowl:
eggs
cheddar cheese
whipped cream cheese
heavy cream
bread crumbs
honey
marjoram
shallots
Mix well with your hands.

Add corn, mix again with your hands.
Add melted butter and continue to mix with your hands.

Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
Sprinkle with additional Bread Crumbs.
Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper to taste.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.


This is the whipped cream cheese .

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment