Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The World's Best Cookie!

Isn't that a statement? I didn't make up that name.
I was looking through some vintage recipes from my Aunt Faye and I saw this recipe for The World's Best Cookie.
Thank you Aunt Faye for saving your recipes. She was a personal Chef in the 50's and 60's. I have her hand written recipes. She made these cookies when my sister and I were little and my mother continued making them after my aunt died.

The World's Best Cookie!

2 sticks of butter, softened
1 C  granulated sugar
1 C brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 C vegetable oil
1 C oats
2 C of Corn Flakes, crush to make 1 C.
1/2 C coconut
3 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C pecan pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a stand mixer, or by hand:
Cream together butter and sugar
Add egg and mix well
Add remaining ingredients beating well after each addition

Drop by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet and press with a fork
Bake for 12 minutes
Remove from cookie sheet and sprinkle with sugar

The recipe says that it makes 90 - 100  2" cookies, Oh my!

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment