Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Creamy Macaroni and Cheese

I can't believe I'm posting another Macaroni and Cheese recipe.
I have so many favorite recipes for Mac and Cheese. Some are Simple, some are Gourmet and some are very Traditional. There's a Crock Pot version, a Tex - Mex version and more! I like this one because it's incredibly creamy and it doesn't have a bread crumb topping.  It's my version of Homemade Kid Friendly. There are times when I just want a basic creamy baked Macaroni and Cheese. This is it!
I make it in a Cast Iron Soup Pot.
I'm making it this weekend for a Block Party and I'll post photographs.

Creamy Macaroni and Cheese:

4 C dried Elbow Macaroni
2 C shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese (8oz) package
8 oz. Velveeta Cheese, cubed.
4 TBS cold butter, cubed.
1 (12oz.) can of evaporated milk.
2 Large Eggs, beaten.
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can of Cheese Soup.
1/4 tsp black pepper.

Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain.
Transfer to a large bowl
Add:
1 1/2 C Cheddar Cheese
Add:
Velveeta Cheese.
Add:
Butter.
Stir to combine well.
Set aside.

In a separate bowl:
eggs
milk
soup
pepper
Whisk until smooth
Add to Macaroni

Pour into a 3 quart casserole
Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.

Uncover, stir
Sprinkle with 1/2 C shredded Cheddar.

Bake uncovered for an additional 15 - 20 minutes.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment