Friday, October 11, 2013

Jalapeno Bites

Trisha Yearwood stole my heart when she made these. I just re posted the recipe. I can't wait to make them. In Texas, we love "hot". we love jalapenos, we love to take something to a "gathering" so, I had to post this recipe. These are very simple and they have to be yummy with jalapenos, and cream cheese. I was impressed with how simple they are to make.

I adapted the recipe.

I used a 1 1/2 " cookie scoop, mine were larger than the recipe. It made 2 dozen . Trisha's recipe makes 3 dozen. I baked them for 20 minutes. I think the next time I make them I may add some chile powder or cayenne pepper to the batter, maybe 1/8 tsp, just to give them a Texas kick! I increased the amount o jalapenos too.


Ingredients
One 8-ounce package Cream Cheese, softened
8 ounces Parmesan, grated (about 2 cups) when you buy an 8oz. container, it's 2 cups.
3/4 C seeded and chopped Jalapeno peppers
1 large Egg, beaten
3 cups dry Plain Breadcrumbs
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix the Cream Cheese, Parmesan, Jalapenos and Egg to form a paste. Shape into balls using about 1/2 tablespoon of paste for each. Roll the balls in the Breadcrumbs. Place on an un-greased baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm.


Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!







No comments:

Post a Comment