Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal

I had almost given up on Oatmeal recipes. I have given up on the concept of making it in a crock - pot and I haven't really found a great baked oatmeal recipe. I think this may be the one!

I have to give credit to someone for this recipe, it's not my own. I am constantly researching  recipes and I'm not sure the route I took to discover this one. So, I'll start with giving credit to Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen and then to Barefeet in the Kitchen....Maybe these are the ones where I found it.
I don't want to take credit for it, but if I've missed the origin and someone reads this, please let me know.

3 C Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1/2 C brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 C raisins
3 eggs
1/2 C pumpkin puree ( not pumpkin pies filling)
1/4 C vegetable oil ( I changed this from Olive Oil, I'm not a fan of adding olive oil to a recipe like this. the flavor is too strong. I have theory that you cook with vegetable and "eat " Olive Oil.
1 1/2 C whole milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract ( get the best you can afford)

Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Grease an 8"X8" baking dish or a 2 quart casserole dish.
You can  grease it with butter or the Pan Release Recipe that I use.

Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake  for 30 - 40 minutes.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment