Monday, October 14, 2013

Caramel Crunch / Halloween 2013

Just when I think I have enough recipes for any of the Holidays, I seem to find , or create another.
I loved this one when I read it. It comes from The Werther Candy Company.
I will definitely make this for Halloween. I'm sure I can adapt it for other Holidays.
I adapted this one just a bit!

2 C small pretzel nuggets
2 1/2 C Rice Chex Cereal
2 C Cinnamon Chex Cereal
1 C of Salted Peanuts, roughly chopped
1 (9oz.) package of Werther's Original Baking Caramels
1/4 C water

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
Spray a jelly roll pan (10 1/2" X 15 1/2") with a vegetable cooking spray.

In a large bowl bowl:
pretzels
rice cereal
cinnamon cereal
nuts
Mix Well

In a microwavable bowl or a Pyrex measuring cup:
Microwave the caramels with water until melted, stirring half way through

Pour Hot Caramel over the cereal mixture and stir until well coated.
Spread evenly in the prepared jelly roll pan.

Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour.
Stirring every 15 minutes

Remove from oven and spread onto a greased ( vegetable cooking spray) piece of aluminum foil.
(For Halloween, scatter some candy corn on it at this time). Optional

Cool completely and break into pieces.
Store in an airtight container

Boo!
In the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment