Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sour Cream Apple Pie

I love anything made with Apple during the Fall and Winter Seasons.
I have many recipes using Apples.
My new favorite Apple is Jonagold.
I've recently heard about Gravenstein Apples but I haven't looked for them. I may do that this weekend and try one. Apparently they are excellent for baking.

2 TBS flour
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 C sour cream
1tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
5 C Jonagold Apples, peeled, cored, sliced.
1 - 9" unbaked pie shell

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine flour and sugar in a bowl
Add egg, sour cream , vanilla and salt.
Beat until smooth.
Fold in Apples by hand and pour into the pie shell.


Topping:
1/2 C granulated sugar
5 TBS flour
1/2 stick butter (4TBS or 1/4C)


Topping:
Blend all ingredients until crumbly and cover the pie with the topping.
Bake for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



Topping:
1/2 C granulated sugar
5 TBS flour
1/2 stick of butter

No comments:

Post a Comment