Thursday, October 17, 2013

Egg Nog Pie

I happen to love Egg Nog. I know that it's not for everyone, but we have it available during the entire Christmas Season. As soon as I can purchase Egg Nog Latte's at Starbucks, I do. I've made homemade Egg Nog, I have a recipe for Egg Nog Cookies and If I can find a way to incorporate Egg Nog into a recipe, I will.

Here's a simple and great tasting Egg Nog Pie.
This is from O'Malley Farm Cafe.

1 -( 4 3/4 oz.) package of vanilla pudding and pie filling
2 C of Dairy Egg Nog
1 1/4 C heavy cream
1 TBS Rum ( I only use Mt. Gay Rum from Barbados)
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 - baked 9" Pie Crust
Whipped Cream and additional Nutmeg for service

Cook the Pudding mix as instructed on the package except, use the 2 C of Egg Nog and the 1 1/4 C Heavy Cream.
Stir in the Rum and Nutmeg and pour the filling into the pie crust.
Cover the surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours.
Serve the Pie garnished with whipped cream ( homemade is best if you have extra heavy cream) and sprinkle with ground nutmeg.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment