Friday, October 18, 2013

Italian Bake

I've adapted a recipe that I received this morning from I Love Texas Recipes via Tricia L Mayo.
I received permission today to post this.
I am posting the original recipe with vegetarian options included.

3 pounds of Chicken Breasts, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces. ( Vegetarian: 4 bags of Quorn Chik'n Tenders)
6 Italian Sausage Links, ( Vegetarian: 6 Field Roast Italian Sausage Links) cut into bite sized pieces and Sautéed in Vegetable Oil.
1 Large Onion, diced
1 Green Bell Pepper, large dice
1 Red Bell Pepper, large dice
1 pound of Pasta ( Penne, Elbow Macaroni, Shells, Rigatoni, my choice is Rigatoni)
2 Jars of Pasta Sauce or 2 cans of Hunt's Spaghetti Sauce
1 large package of  Shredded Pizza Cheese

Cook Pasta according to package directions, drain.

In a large bowl:
Chicken
Sausage
Onion
Green Pepper
Red Pepper
Pasta
Pasta Sauce
Mix Well

Pour into a 9"X13" pan, sprayed with a vegetable cooking spray or buttered.

Top with Cheese
Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes
It should be golden brown and bubbling.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment