Saturday, April 6, 2013

Texas Cornmeal Cookies

Here's another Texas Cookie......
I could easily add 1/4 C diced Jalapeno to this recipe.

I posted my Chocolate Jalapeno Cookie recipe on the blog earlier.
I also make it with Hatch Chiles and have entered that in a competition too. It was a finalist in a local Hatch Chile Contest.

But, this is another great and unusual cookie.

Texas Cornmeal Cookies:

2 Sticks of Butter, softened
1/4 C Sugar
1/2 C Cocoa , I use Hershey's Special Dark
1 Egg
1 1/2 C Flour
1 C Cornmeal
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 TBS Vanilla
3/4 C Chopped Pecans

In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment:
cream together, Butter, Sugar, Cocoa

Add :
Egg
Flour
Cornmeal
Baking Powder
Salt
Vanilla
Mix well

Fold in the Pecans

Drop by the teaspoon ( I use a cookie scoop) onto a parchment paper or Silpat lined cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes.
The cookies will be slightly browned on the edges.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment