Saturday, April 20, 2013

Jamaican Coconut Pie with Warm Rum Sauce


  • We ate at Bonefish Grill last night.
  • I had this pie for dessert and I loved it.
  • This could be considered one of my Best of the Best recipes.
  • I'm looking forward to making this and serving it at a family gathering.
  • This is the second on my series of Coconut recipes. I have one more favorite that I will post.


  • Pie:
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups coconut, shredded
  • Sauce:
  • 1 cup brown sugar, light or dark
  • 1 cup butter, unsalted
  • 1 cup dark rum

DIRECTIONS

  • 1
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • 2
    Place milk, cream, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer for 2 minutes at medium speed.
  • 3
    Add coconut and mix together until completely incorporated.
  • 4
    Place in a greased pie pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
  • 5
    In a small sauce pan, heat butter over medium heat until melted.
  • 6
    Add brown sugar and mix together until sugar dissolves.
  • 7
    Add rum and cook for 1 minute on medium heat.
  • 8
    Slice pie and serve with rum sauce.

3 comments:

  1. Terry, I'm so glad you posted the original recipe- this really does sound incredible.

    ~Joy
    Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved it at the restaurant and I've made it and will make it again....... maybe, often! The family loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just ate at the restaurant again last night!

    ReplyDelete