Saturday, April 6, 2013

Hash Brown Potato Salad

I can't believe I'm posting this recipe.
I discovered that there are many recipes for this and it's been around for a long time.
This is my adapted version.

I grew up eating my Grandmother's perfect Potato Salad.
I've continued to make it and no other.....

However, as much as I love to make, and am not intimidated by, the most complex French Cuisine, I still have a love for the All American Recipes.
I've mentioned and posted many of them.

I think this could be filed under that category.

Hash Brown Potato Salad:

(Please note that since I posted this, I made some adjustments to the recipe).

8 C Frozen Shredded ( not cubed) Hash Brown Potatoes ( 1- 30oz package) ( 850G)
1/2 C Sour Cream
1 C Mayonnaise
1/4 C Dill Pickle Relish
1/2 C diced Onion
1/2 C diced Celery
4 Hard Boiled Eggs, chopped
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 TBS Ground, Dry Mustard ( if you don't have it, you can use  Yellow Mustard)
Paprika for garnish
( you can always add additional seasoning and mayonnaise to make it your own)

In a large saucepan, heat about 2" of water to a boil.
Add the potatoes, cover and return to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes or until the Potatoes are very well cooked, drain
Try to remove as much water as possible. Pat dry with Paper Towels or squeeze out the water in a tea towel. It's important to get the Potatoes as dry as possible.

Mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl ( I used a 4 C Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup)
Place potatoes in a large bowl and fold in the dressing.
Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment