Saturday, April 20, 2013

Okra, Onion and Tomatoes !

We went to town today to visit the Farmer's Market.
We have the Market every Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Local Farmers bring honey, fruits, vegetables, cheese and meat.

Today we bought Avocados, Mangoes, Honey Dew Melon, Radishes and Okra.

I love Okra and I make it simply with sauteed Onion, and Diced Tomato.
I add Adobo Seasoning, Salt, Pepper and Cumin.
I let it cook until it's well combined and eat it Hot or Cold.

There's not really a recipe, I adjust the amounts according to what's available.
Today I used 2 Onions, 2 Cans of Diced Tomatoes and probably 20 pieces of Okra cut in half.

I sauté the Onions first, add the Okra and cook about 20 minutes and add the Tomatoes and continue to simmer for ......... an hour or longer.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!








No comments:

Post a Comment