Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tomato & Mozzarella Stacks with Vinaigrette

This doesn't really need a recipe. It's just a simple vegetarian dish. I also use stacked eggplant with Mozzarella and a few other vegetables. You can create your own.

This one has:
Tomato Slices
Mozzarella Cheese Slices
Fresh Asparagus Spears
Fresh Basil Leaves

Serve on a Bed of Bib Lettuce.

Options: Avocado Slices, Green or Black Olive Slices, Cornichons Pickles, Capers etc,

Serve drizzled with a Vinaigrette:

I know  this is such a simple recipe, however I find myself looking up the ratio every time I want to make it.
The ratio is 3 to 1. ( 3 parts olive oil to 1 part Vinegar) I use Apple Cider Vinegar. You can use Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar.

Here's a basic recipe that I use:

3/4 C Extra Virgin  Oil
1/4 C Vinegar (your choice)
1 TBS Dijon Mustard
Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste

In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, whisk Mustard and Vinegar together.
Slowly whisk in Olive Oil
Season to taste with Salt and Pepper

You can also make it in a jar and shake until all ingredients are well combined.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

Photograph from Green Renaissance



No comments:

Post a Comment