Saturday, June 28, 2014

Texas Fruitcake , Merry Christmas Y'all

I know there aren't a lot of Fruitcake fans, however, I happen to be one! This recipe is simple and delicious. It's not overly sweet like most are. It has no additional sugar or sugary Citron and Candied Fruit like a lot of them do.
I say, give it a try and see what you think. It may change your mind about Fruitcake.
It can be frozen and thawed at room temperature. I make them ahead of time and freeze them for the Holidays.

4 C Chopped Dates
2 C Chopped Pecans
1 C Shredded Coconut
1/2 C Flour
3 TBS Lime Zest
1 TBS Orange Zest
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Chile Powder
1 (14 oz.) can of Sweetened Condensed Milk

Here's what you'll need:
1 - 9" - 10" Spring Form Pan
Brush well with my Pan Release Mix ( equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil, Flour) I start with 1 C of each, mixed well and refrigerated in a jar. I always have it available for all of my baking needs.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a Large Mixing bowl:
Dates
Pecans
Coconut
Flour
Lime Zest
Orange Zest
Salt
Cinnamon
Ginger
Chile Powder
Mix well by hand until well combined.
Stir in the Sweetened Condensed Milk.

Pour the batter into the Pan.
Bake at 350 degree for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack.
Serve with Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!










No comments:

Post a Comment