Sunday, June 1, 2014

Crustless Coconut Tart


One of my favorite pie recipes is my Apple Pie without a Crust. It's easy, simple and delicious. I love Coconut Pie, Coconut Crust, Coconut Cream Pie and a variety of Coconut Recipes. I first learned about Coconut when I was visiting the Island of St. Lucia in the 70's.
Here's an easy Coconut Tart that doesn't require a Crust. It's made with Bisquick. For those that don't have access to Bisquick, I've attached the recipe to make it at home.
This recipe is from Betty Crocker.

Easy Crustless Coconut Tart:

Here's what you'll need:
1 - 9" Pie Pan brushed with my Pan Release Mix. ( equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable oil, Flour) I start with 1 C of each and mix it well in a jar, keep it refrigerated. I always have some available for all of my baking needs.

1 C Shredded Coconut
3/4 C Granulated Sugar
1/2 C Bisquick
4 TBSC Butter, room temperature
2 C whole Milk
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 Eggs


Mix all ingredients well in a large mixing bowl.
Pour into the Pie Pan .
Bake at 350 degrees for 55 - 60 minutes.

That's it!

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



Homemade Bisquick Mix:

10 C flour
1/3 C baking powder
1/4 C sugar
4 tsp salt
2 C shortening ( Crisco) or any non refrigerated shortening

In a large bowl:
flour
baking powder
sugar
salt
Mix Well

Work the shortening into the mixture using a pastry blender or 2 forks until it forms a coarse crumble mixture.

Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months, unrefrigerated.




No comments:

Post a Comment