Thursday, June 12, 2014

Christmas Cranberry Pie

Here's another one of my mother's recipes from her collection.
I've adapted this recipe.

2 C Fresh Cranberries
1/2 C Chopped Pecans
2 Eggs, beaten
1/2 stick (4 TBS) Butter, melted
1 1/2 C Sugar, divided
1/4 C Sour Cream
1 C Flour, sifted

Brush a 10 " Pie Pan with my Pan Release Mix ( equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable and Flour) I start with 1 C of each and refrigerate it in a jar. I always have it available for all of my baking needs.

Evenly distribute the Cranberries in the Pie Pan.
Sprinkle the berries with 1/2 C of Sugar.
Sprinkle the Pecans evenly over the sugared berries.

In a small bowl:
Eggs
1 C sugar
Butter
Sour Cream
Flour
Whisk well, just until moistened. Don't over mix.
Pour into the Pie Pan
Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment