Friday, June 6, 2014

Peaches and Cream Muffins


Peaches are one of my favorite fruits. When they're good, they're really really good.
We have great Peaches in Texas. This is a basic Muffin recipe, nothing special about it other that the fact that it's made with Peaches!

Here's what you'll need:

1 - 12 C Muffin Tin, sprayed with a vegetable cooking spray
2 C self - rising flour
1 C (2 sticks) butter, melted
1 C sour cream
1/4 C granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 -(15 oz.) can of sliced peaches, drained and chopped into 1/4" pieces.

Spray the muffin tin cups. I use my Pan Release Mix. (equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour) I start with 1 C of each and keep it in a jar in the refrigerator. I always have it available for all of my baking needs.

In a large mixing bowl:
Flour
Butter
Sour Cream
Sugar
Vanilla
Mix well.
Gently fold in Peaches by hand.

Divide the batter even;y among the muffin cups.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes.
Release the muffins and transfer to them to a cooling rack and cool completely.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment