Monday, October 12, 2015

Pumpkin Gingerbread

I had to get this recipe on the Blog this Season.
I love all things Pumpkin.
My wife has been baking Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Scones, Pumpkin Muffins and some incredible Pumpkin Cornbread. Here's another great Pumpkin pairing it with Ginger. The perfect combination for the Fall Season.

From the day I discovered these, I have never used anything else.
I've stopped using Corn Syrup and traditional Molasses
If you can get these two ingredients, I absolutely recommend them.
The taste is amazing.
I only use Lyle's Golden Syrup in my Pecan Pies too.


Pumpkin Gingerbread

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1 - 9" X 5" Loaf Pan, brushed well with Pan Release Mix. (equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour) I start with 1 C of each mixed well and refrigerated in a jar. I always have it available for all of my baking needs. It's the perfect release mix.

4 TBS Butter
1/2 C Vegetable Oil
1 C Brown Sugar
2 Large Eggs
The Juice of 1 Orange
1 3/4 C Pure Pumpkin
2 TBS Diced Candied Ginger
3 C Flour
5 tsp Ground Ginger
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 C Lyle's Golden Syrup ( you can use Corn Syrup if you can't find Lyle's, but it's the best)
1/2 C Lyle's Black Treacle ( you can use Dark Molasses if you can't find Lyle's)
1 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 C Boiling Water

In a Stand Mixer with a Paddle Attachment:
Butter
Oil
Brown Sugar
Beat for 3 - 5 minutes.
Add:
Eggs, 1 at a time until each one is incorporated.

Fold in Orange Juice
Pumpkin
Candied Ginger.

In a Medium Bowl, sift together:
Flour
Ground Ginger
Cinnamon
Salt
Baking Powder
Whisk well and set aside.

In a Small Bowl:
Golden Syrup
Black Treacle
Baking Soda
Boiling Water
Whisk well.

Alternately add the Dry and the Wet ingredients into the Pumpkin Mixture.
Mix just until incorporated. Don't over mix.

Pour the batter into the pan.
Bake 60 minutes.
A toothpick in the center should come out clean.
Remove pan to a rack to cool for 10 minutes.
Invert on to a rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment