Friday, October 30, 2015

Hazelnut Cheesecake (No Bake)

Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts. It's always my first choice when we go out to dinner. There's something about it that I absolutely love. My favorite is a plain and simple New York Style Cheesecake with no topping. I have a recipe that's the only one I make. It's incredibly delicious.
However, I do like anything made with Hazelnuts so I decided to post this one. It's a no bake Cheesecake.



I toast my Hazelnuts on the stove in a Cast Iron Skillet on Medium High Heat.
Place the skillet on the heat.
Spread the Hazelnuts in a single layer.
Let them sit for 30 seconds and then begin stirring them for 3 - 4 minutes.
Watch them carefully so they don't burn.
I prefer this method to toast any type of nuts. It's quick and easy.

Hazelnut Cheesecake

Here's what you'll need:
1 - 9" Springform Pan


10 oz of Graham Crackers
5 TBS Butter, room temperature
1 - 13 oz. jar of Nutella
1 C Chopped Hazelnuts. I toast them before chopping.
1 pound of Cream Cheese, room temperature
1/2 C Sifted Confectioner's Sugar

In a Food Processor:
Break up the Graham Crackers and put them in the Processor.
Add:
Butter
1 TBS Nutella
4 TBS Hazelnuts
Pulse to create a sandy texture for a Crust.
Press into the bottom of the Pan.
(I use the bottom of a Stainless Steel Measuring Cup to press it evenly.
Refrigerate to cool completely.

In a Bowl with an Electric Hand Mixer:
Cream Cheese
Confectioner's Sugar
Beat until creamy smooth.
Add:
Remaining Nutella
Beat until completely combined.

Spread evenly over the Crust with an offset spatula.
Sprinkle with remaining Hazelnuts.
Cover with Plastic Wrap.
Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment