Sunday, August 7, 2016

The Cowgirl Chef / Ellise Pierce

I've previously talked about Ellise Pierce on the Blog. I couldn't sleep last night but managed to make it until 4 am. I got up, made a cup of coffee and started blogging.
I research recipes, I create new recipes and I pick a subject or a category and talk about it with recipe examples.
Somehow I ended up being reminded that I have The Cowgirl Chef Cookbook and I decided to re read it from cover to cover.







In her book she talks about reading a cookbook and dog ear the pages of your favorite recipes. I do that with every cookbook I buy.
As I was reading the book this morning, I added additional dog ears to the pages of recipes that I want to make.
I met Ellise when I attended one of her cooking classes. Anne and I have taken a second class and they are Fun, Enlightening and Educational. Mostly fun and the recipes are amazing.
If you'd like to experience the philosophy of Ellise Pierce, her story and incredible recipes, take time to purchase her book.
I've added a link to Amazon for you.

Here are some of the recipes that I've highlighted:
Texas Killers: a spicy cheesy cookie
Tex-Mex Meatloaf
Cheesy Rosemary-Olive Flatbread
Roasted Veggie Melt
Roasted Broccoli-Red Bell Pepper Tart with an amazing Polenta Tart Crust
Happy Dance Pecans
Brown Butter Walnut Cakes
Peach Croustade


BUY THE BOOK! Cowgirl Chef: Texas Cooking with a French Accent

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment