Sunday, August 14, 2016

Chocolate Caramel Cookie Balls

This is just one more cookie recipe that I may enter in the Dallas Holiday Cookie Contest 2016. I am constantly researching and creating new Cookie recipes. I have a vast collection of vintage recipe books that I use and I have friends that share recipes. I adapt recipes and I research new trends to find something unusual to enter in the contest. It's getting more and more difficult each year to choose my entries.






Chocolate Caramel Cookie Balls

Here's what you'll need:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Sheet Pans lines with Parchment Paper.

8 TBS Butter, softened to room temperature.
1 C Granulated Sugar
1 C Brown Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 TBS Vanilla
2 1/2 C Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 C Cocoa Powder
48 Caramel Candies

In a Stand Mixer with a Paddle Attachment:
Butter
Granulated Sugar
Brown Sugar
Beat for 3 minutes.

Add:
Eggs
Vanilla
Mix just until well combined.

In a Mixing Bowl:
Flour
Salt
Baking Soda
Cocoa Powder
Whisk well.
Add this mixture to the Stand Mixer.
Mix just until combined.

Transfer to a Mixing Bowl.
Cover with Plastic Wrap.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

Use a 1 3/4" Cookie Scoop for each Cookie.
Wrap the Dough around each Caramel Candy and seal it well.
Place them 2" apart on the Sheet Pan.
Bake for 8 minutes.

Transfer the Pan to a Rack to cool for 5 minutes.
Transfer the Cookies to the Rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment