Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Pear Cake in a Springform Pan

I don't eat a lot of Pears. I can't think of a time when I just ate a Pear. I like Pear Ice Cream, Pear Sparkling Water, Pear Chutney and Pear Cake. I'm sure there are other recipes with Pears that I like. I also like desserts made in a Springform Pan. I like the tall sides and the ease of releasing the cake from the pan. My Springform Pan has a Tempered Glass Bottom. I imagine that you could also make this with Sliced Apples. I may try that.


Pear Cake in a Springform Pan:

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1 - 9" Springform Pan brushed well with Pan Release Mix. (Equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour) Mix well and refrigerate in a jar. I always have it available for all of my baking needs.

2 Pounds of Ripe Pears, Peeled, Cored and Sliced.
1 Lemon, Cut in Half.
10 TBS Butter, Room Temperature, divided into Tablespoons.
1 C Granulated Sugar, divided.
2 Large Eggs
1 C Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Almond Extract
1/2 C Slivered Almonds.

In a Mixing Bowl:
Pear Slices
The Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Toss well and set aside.

In a Mixing Bowl with a Hand Mixer:
8 TBS Butter
3/4 C Sugar
Beat for 3 minutes, until creamy smooth.

Add:
Eggs
Beat just until well combined.

In a Small Bowl, sift together:
Flour
Baking Powder
Salt
Whisk well.
Add it to the Butter/Sugar.
Mix just until incorporated.

Add:
Lemon Juice from remaining Lemon Half.
Almond Extract
Mix just until incorporated.
Spoon into the Springform Pan.

Arrange Pear Slices on top of the Batter in a Concentric Circle.
Dot with Pieces of 1 TBS of Butter.
Sprinkle evenly with 1 TBS of Sugar.
Sprinkle evenly with Almonds.
Sprinkle evenly with remaining Sugar.
Bake 60 minutes.

Remove to Pan to a Rack to cool 10 minutes.
Release the Cake onto a Serving Platter. I keep the cake on the bottom of the Pan.

Serve individual slices with Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment