Sunday, December 8, 2013

Rhubarb Rice Pudding from Flatbush Farm & Bar (N) - Brooklyn, New York

I recently discovered Flatbush Farm & Bar (N) in New York City.
I love recipes from Pubs , Bistros and Bars!
If you haven't seen my recipe for Union Square's Cafe Bar Nuts, check it out. It's another great Bistro, Pub recipe.
I love their concept of farm fresh and organic foods. They have some amazing items on their menu. The first recipe that I discovered was their Baked Artichoke Dip, and then I found this one for Rhubarb Rice Pudding. This recipe has two of my favorite things.... Rice Pudding and Rhubarb!
When I have a chance I'll post the Baked Artichoke Dip.


Chef Stephen Browning of Flatbush Farm – Brooklyn, New York
INGREDIENTS

Rhubarb Base:
1 pound rhubarb, chopped
¼ cup sugar
1 cup red wine
Pudding:
236 grams rice
2 quarts milk, plus more as needed
225 grams sugar
3 vanilla beans, split and scraped
4 egg yolks
To Assemble and Serve:
Vanilla sugar
METHOD

For the Rhubarb Base:
Heat a rondeau pan over medium heat. Add the rhubarb, sugar, and wine, and cook down until almost dry. Allow the rhubarb mixture to cool and refrigerate. When the mixture has chilled, spread evenly in the base of each ramekin.
For the Pudding:
In a large pot, cook the rice, milk, sugar, and vanilla beans until the rice is cooked through and creamy. Temper the eggs with warm milk and fold into the rice pudding.
To Assemble and Serve:Pour the rice pudding into the prepared ramekins over the rhubarb mixture. Generously sprinkle each ramekin with vanilla sugar and bake at 350°F until warm. Remove from the oven and use a chef’s torch to brown the sugar on top. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment