Sunday, December 8, 2013

Jalapeño Jelly, a Best of the Best Recipe

I live in Texas, we love Jalapeños. This is incredible. We give jars of this Jalapeño Jelly as Christmas Gifts to friends and neighbors. 
This is definitely the best Jalapeño Jelly I have ever tasted.
I got it from a friend that hosts a cooking page. Thanks Steve. 


Jalapeno Jelly

Ingredients:
2 cup minced jalapeno peppers ( I'm going to start with 1 pound and I'll update after I make it)
1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
6 1/2 cups sugar
6 oz LIQUID pectin
6-8 drops green food coloring

Instructions:
Combine peppers, vinegar and sugar in a non-aluminum saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and boil gently for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and skim off any foam. Stir in the food coloring and pectin, pour into sterilized jars. Seal immediately. Makes about 9 cups.



This is the beginning step.

This is beginning to boil.

Canning the Jelly.

Love the color!

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment