Sunday, December 1, 2013

Holiday Bundt Cake





Thanksgiving is over and we still have plenty of ingredients from baking our Thanksgiving desserts.
Here's a way to use some of those leftover ingredients in a delicious cake.
We had our Cul -de- Sac Dinner Club last night and our host baked this wonderful Holiday Cake.
Thank you Gretchen for introducing this Hippy to the cake! I'd previously posted another recipe that Gretchen shared with me. I believe they are the Artichoke Balls. I've shared other recipes from our neighbors. We have some great cooks on our street.

Holiday Bundt Cake:

You'll need one 9"- 10" (12 C) Bundt pan. I grease it with my Pan Release Mix. (equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour) You can make a large batch and refrigerate it if you do a lot of baking. I keep it in ajar in the refrigerator. I lasts a long time!  It's a foolproof release method especially in a detailed Bundt Cake Pan.


2 C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger powder
1/8 tsp salt

1 1/4 sticks (10 TBS) butter, softened
1 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 C pumpkin puree
1 apple, peeled, cored, chopped

1 C dried cranberries
1 C roughly chopped  toasted pecans ( I add more because I'm a Texan and we love pecans)

In a bowl, whisk together:
flour
baking powder
baking soda
cinnamon
nutmeg
ginger
salt

In a stand mixer, with a paddle attachment:
Butter
Sugar
Brown Sugar
Beat for 3 minutes.
Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each one.
Beat in vanilla

Reduce speed

Add:
pumpkin
apple
mix just until combined.

Add:
Dry ingredient mixture.
Fold in cranberries and pecans.

Scrape batter into the prepared pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 60 - 70 minutes, until a knife in the center comes out clean.

Cool pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes
Un mold the cake onto the cooling rack and cool completely.

Serve with homemade whipped cream.




Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen



No comments:

Post a Comment