Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Queso / Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman

Chile con Queso (Spanish for "chile with cheese"), often described in North America simply as Queso, is an appetizer or side dish of melted cheese and chili peppers, typically served in Tex-Mex restaurants as a dipping sauce for nachos.


NOTE: When I made this I started in a Large Crock Pot. I added the Rotel, Pimientos and Jalapeños. Turned it on High until it started to get Hot. Then I added some cubes of the Cheese until they started to melt. I heated the rest of the Cubed Cheese with a scoop of the Hot Rotel, in an 8 cup Pyrex measuring cup, in the Microwave until the Cheese melted. Stir it and then spoon it back into the Crock Pot. I ended up transfering it to a smaller Crock Pot.

I saw this recipe on a recent episode of The Pioneer Woman. 
I simply re posted the original recipe.
We love Queso in Texas and everyone has their own family favorite recipes. 
I liked the looks of this one for the holidays.



This is the Large Crock Pot I started it in.
After the Cheese started to melt I added some of this
to the Measuring Cup along with the remainder of the Cheese Cubes until
it melted.
Transferred it to the Smaller Pot for serving.
The next time I'll make it in the Smaller Crock Pot.
The Smaller Crock Pot




Christmas Queso:

2 pounds queso blanco-style processed cheese, such as Velveeta Queso Blanco, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
2 cans Rotel (tomatoes with diced green chiles) I recommend Mild, not Hot. It makes a difference. 
1 jar diced pimientos
2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped finely
Tortilla chips, for serving


Directions: See Note above.


Serve with tortilla chips.

Disfrute!
Paz en la cocina!


No comments:

Post a Comment