Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Orange and Lemon Marmalade

I found this recipe on a blog that I follow called Mennonite Girls Can Cook.
I made a new recipe of Jalapeno Jelly for Christmas and it was a success. It was really delicious, not too hot and a great Jalapeno flavor.
We also love English Marmalade but it can be a bit expensive. Making my own was very intriguing.
I like this recipe for it's simplicity and flavor. I may consider adding Lime to it the next time I make it.

4 large Oranges
2 medium Lemons
5 C sugar

Remove seeds, leaving the peel on the Oranges and Lemons.
Cut fruit into chunks and finely chop them in a food processor.

Pour into a stock pot, stir in sugar with a long wooden spoon.
Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the temperature to medium -low and cook until it thickens.
About 20 minutes.
Stir carefully
Ladle into canning jars, wipe the edges of the rims clean.
Place the lids on and let them sit until the lids pop.
Refrigerate when completely cooled.


Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment