Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pumpkin Pecan Cake

One more Pumpkin recipe. I can't seem to get enough of them. It's that time of year to start making everything "Pumpkin".

This is a very easy cake recipe. It starts with a boxed White Cake Mix.

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
1 - 9"X13" baking pan brushed well with Pan Release Mix. (equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil, Flour.) I start with 1 C of each, mixed well and refrigerated in a jar. I always have it available for all of my bang needs.

1 boxed White Cake Mix. (I only use Duncan Hines Cake Mixes) I learned this when I was a cake decorator, and I continue to only use them. You may have a favorite too.

1/2 C Canned Pumpkin
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1 C Chopped Pecans

Icing:
4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 C Granulated Sugar
1/2 C Confectioner's Sugar
A Pinch of Salt
1 TBS Meringue Powder
1 C Heavy Cream


Cake Batter:
In a Stand Mixer with a Paddle Attachment, prepare the cake according to package directions.
Add:
Pumpkin
Pecans
Mix just until combined.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 23 minutes.

Remove the pan to a rack and cool completely.
Make the Icing.

Icing:
In a medium bowl with a hand mixer:
Sugar
Cream Cheese
Beat until creamy and smooth.
Add:
Confectioner's Sugar
Salt
Meringue Powder
Heavy Cream
Continue beating until fluffy.

Spread evenly over the entire cake.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!





No comments:

Post a Comment