Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pumpkin Cake with 2 ingredients and dusted with Confectioner's Sugar

Here's another easy Pumpkin dessert recipe using only 2 ingredients plus Confectioner's Sugar for dusting the cake instead of Icing.

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1 - 9" X 13" baking pan brushed with Pan Release Mix. (Equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour) I start with 1 C of each mixed well in a jar and refrigerated. I always have it available for all of my baking needs.


1 (18.25 oz.) Box of Spiced Pumpkin Cake Mix. I only use Duncan Hines Cake Mixes. It's what I learned when I was a cake decorator.
1 (15 oz.) can of 100% Pure Pumpkin

In a large bowl, with a wooden spoon:
Cake Mix
Pumpkin
Mix well, by hand with a wooden spoon, until well combined and smooth.
You can also do this process in a Stand Mixer. I opted for the Stand Mixer and photographed it.
Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
Bake 25 - 30 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Remove pan to a rack and cool completely.
Just before serving, dust the cake with Confectioner's Sugar and cut into squares.
Place the squares on a serving platter and lightly dust again with the sugar. It makes a nice presentation.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!








No comments:

Post a Comment