Friday, July 12, 2013

Southern Fruit Pie

I'm not sure of the origin of this recipe. I believe it's Mennonite/Amish. Raisin pie is one of my favorites when we visit my relatives in Kansas. I've mention before that it was one of my father in law's favorites too. I've had it for quite awhile.
I'm confused about the title because the only ingredients that are fruit, are the raisins and coconut.
However, it's really good, so I forgive the title. I could have renamed it, but it's a vintage recipe and I respect that. It's quite simple too!

1 C butter
2 C sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 C chopped pecans
1 C coconut
1 C raisins

Melt butter
Add sugar and mix well

Add remaining ingredients
Pour into a 9" unbaked pie shell
Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment